Re: Sprite Side Windows

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>, "Birch" <birch@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite Side Windows
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:38:42 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I concur... keep in mind too, that you will reduce your interior space by
doing this, though this will be the least of your problems.. The rollup
door extend into the interior further and while the door are basically
similar, a roll-up door won't fit into the Bugeye jambs without replacing
the "A" and "B" posts the cowling and the windscreen. You'll also have to
modify the rear cockpit surround where it meets the doors because a roll-up
door is square at the top instead of round. Then there is the issue with
the top. I dont know how you'd retrofit a later top onto a Bugeye without
cutting away the rear cockpit surround laike the later cars. Take a good
look at a Spridget with roll-ups and get a good idea of what you'll be in
for. If you want a "Bugeye" will roll-ups, you'd be better off getting a
later body and putting a Bugeye bonnet on it... a lot less work too.
Realize also, that a Bugeye with rollups... will no longer be a Bugeye.
You'll probably spend more money than it would cost you for a used Miata...
maybe a better choice.

Gerard

At 12:48 AM -0400 5/20/99, Wiedemeyer wrote:
>Just remember, this conversion is going to take a lot of time, effort, and
>money to do, and it will make your car fairly worthless if you ever want to
>sell it.
>
>Bob

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A