Re: Update

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Update
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:24:52 -0700
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Have you checked to make sure that the crankcase can breath?  If not even a
good engine will build up crankcase pressure and blow oil out anywhere it
can.  It's been a while since I've played with the 1500, but I think it
draws pcv from the valve cover. Make sure it is hooked to a vacuum source.
Since yours has a weber on it, you might have to tap into the intake
manifold and experiment with PCV valves to find one that doesn't pull to
much.  Easy to swap one problem for another and just suck oil.

David Riker