Re: PCV on a different manifold

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: PCV on a different manifold
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:54:42 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ulix,

Thanks for the info. I had picked up an orginal style PVC valve fairly
recently,
and just happen to be looking it over yesterday. It looks like it was designed
to restrict the aiflow/vacuum as vacuum increases on it, so it may do exactly
what I need, and hopefully eliminate oil being sucked into the intake manifold.

Regards,
Bryan

to: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@eng.sun.com>
>cc: trunkie@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: PCV on a different manifold
>
>Andy and Bryan,
>
>If you used a PCV valve from an early 1275 you should be fine.
>On those years, the PCV valve connects directly to the intake manifold.  A
>hose goes from there to the engine front cover oil separator.
>There is no fitting on the valve cover, but a vented oil cap is used to
>let air into the engine.
>
>You should use a Y and connect the PCV valve to both sides of the
>manifold.
>
>The PCV system that connects to the carbs directly that Bryan refers to
>was used on later 1275s and didn't use an external PCV valve.
>
>Good luck, Ulix
>

>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>
>> Andy,
>>
>> I think I have the same setup as you, (DHLA 40, LCB, 1275). I'm still
>working
on