Re: More electrical

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Has anyone looked at the Bentley Diagrams? My 77 is
truely different from all of yours...now.
What is the born on date of your 77? My 77 was Jan of
77 but had the electricals of the 75 Model (True
British have extra will use). There are distinct
variances between the years. On the 75 model (inside
behind the dash) there is a 12 wire junction as
opposed to a 6 wire junction found on the 76-79
models.
The Pektron box (black plastic box about 3"x6") goes
with this junction. This controls the buzzers and
cut-offs of the ignition, door alarm, seat belt
buzzer, non-buckled ignition cut off, as well as a few
other gadgets.
I can check my diagrams when I get home tonight if you
want. Just describe again what you are having trouble
determining. Unfortunately, I haven't been following
this thread very closely.
I've become pretty intimate with the wiring on my car
since I rewired the complete system to a 21 circuit 18
fuse system. <--(equates to A LOT of time cross
referencing the original diagram to the new setup).
Now that it's done, it's very simple to follow
circuits and/or trouble shoot.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget (50th car off the January assby. line; 769th
car off the 77 model year assby. line)
Alexandria, Va.

--- "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com> wrote:
> Chris Kotting wrote:
> >
> > Hmmmm.  I'm surprised that you didn't at least
> have a pair of captive
> > nuts in the firewall.
> >
> > Allen, the ones I saw are about 2 1/4 inches
> apart, laid out
> > horizontally about 1 inch down from the loop of
> fuel vapor tubing, and
> > look like they maybe take a 10-24 screw.  (All
> measurements are strictly
> > by eyeball.)  They're above the fuse box.  Is that
> the mounting point?
> >
> > Perhaps there's something >else< bolted in there
> on the California cars,
> > or the spot is covered with other stuff.
> >

> Chris,
>
> I have the same two captive nuts on the fire wall.
> But the thing Allen
> is talking about is a couple of inches to the left,
> almost against the
> bonnet hinge.  Of course my is missing and I only
> have an outline of dirt
> and rust on the firewall.  Try taking another look,
> look to the left of the
> nuts, running parallel to the hinge.  I almost
> missed the outline since I
> saw the two captive nuts.  Anybody else with a 77
> Midget want to take a
> look?
>
> Bill
>
> PS.  This is really starting to make me wonder.

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.