Re: PROBLEMS

To: AHSprite78@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PROBLEMS
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:16:10 EDT
In a message dated 05/03/2000 10:03:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
AHSprite78@aol.com writes:

<<  What's the problem?  Bad gas?  Not enough voltage to get a decent spark?
 Lucas haunting me again?  Wacked out carbs?  ( just rebuilt them)  Also....
 really ran poorly when it was cold, popping and almost clicking out at
times.
  Sometimes happened at sustained high rpm's.

First, change points and condenser.  Cheap enough and as Brad can attest, the
"new Lucas" ones can go out like a light bulb.

Check the float bowls for debris and change the fuel filter.  I didn't
understand the comment about fuel stabilizer, but if the car has been setting
for awhile and you put the carb cleaner in the tank, you most likely loosened
up some crud (technical term, see triumph list for complete explaination) or
rust, and this has clogged the fuel filter, starving the carbs.

If this doesn't work, and there's no evidence of oil in the water (blown head
gasket)...wait for Frank C. to reply.

RH