Re: My Friends, Today Was a Good Day (Chock Full Of LBC)

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My Friends, Today Was a Good Day (Chock Full Of LBC)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:21:34 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Bob said:

>If someone in my office called in sick so that they could spend the day
>working on their car, they'd be looking for a new job the next day!

C'mon Bob... give us Wall Streeters a break.  Well... I don't need one, I
just gave notice that I'm quitting my job!  But when I'm about ready to
retire in about thirty years or so, I'll be unlikely to regret that I didn't
spend more time in my office.  I will regret that I didn't take more time to
"tear up" the New Jersey countryside, however.

Besides, that's quite an accomplishment, out-racing a modern Toyota.  I
drive a 1990 Camry DX, with 4 cylinders.  The odds of it ever being beaten
by my Midget are pretty slim, unless the Camry driver has forgotten to take
it out of park.  (As an illustration, Practical Classics magazine this month
has a brief feature about the Austin Marina; they refer to the "poor old
A-series lump" as being responsible for a 0-60 time of almost 19 seconds!)

Hey Mike... perhaps you'll be interested in my position, I've only been
spending about 11 hours per day here!

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget