Re: Dumb question time

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dumb question time
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
Back in the days of my youth, an engine job required the rental of a "ridge
reamer" and "deglaser".  The first was a tool that reamed away the ridge
left at the top of the bore above the highest point the top ring ever
reached.  the "deglaser" put enough texture on the cylinder wall to seat the
new rings.  If you weren't carefull to remove the ridge, you would almost
certainly break your top ring sometime early in the new motor's break in period.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye