Re: Dumb question time

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Dumb question time
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:14:07 +0000
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Bill,

Are they grooves or ridges.  Often where the rings stop on the upper end
will leave a ridge.  In my teen days they sold a deridge device that
went around the top of the cylinder to remove this.  It wasn't a
cylinder hone but something else.  Anyone on the list know about these?
I would check for taper, if your cylinder is showing signs of taper then
bore it out.  BTW I would have the machine shop supply the pistons
because you won't know whether it needs to be 10 or 20 over bored.  If
you show no signs of taper I would deream it to remove the ridge and
call it good.

Rick