Re: Engine on Ebay

To: mlupynec@globalserve.net, DLancer7676@cs.com, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Engine on Ebay
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:09:15 EST
Cc: BritishCarMan@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/21/2001 10:41:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mlupynec@globalserve.net writes:

<< BTW was there a reason not to replace your old piston rings with
 new ones for the fresh holes? >>

I did replace the piston rings.  When I provided the pistons to the
machinist, the new rings were already mounted on the old but cleaned pistons.
 I also reground the old valves because they were in perfect but carbonized
condition.I just wire-brushed the carbon off, made them shine, and reground
them--BUT I installed new springs, lifters, and rubber boots.

--David C.