Cosmoline?...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cosmoline?...
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:35:24 -0800
Cc: Bryan Vandiver <bryan.vandiver@sun.com>
When asking for suggestions for preserving my leaf springs, someone
suggested trying cosmoline. I've since come to learn that this is used to
preserve cars and engines for transportation... and also for guns. (Sorry,
but I think I'm about to start a gun thread... but not intentionally).
Since, for some strange reason, I think there are a few gun enthusiasts on
the list, I thought I might get some opinions or sources of this product.
An internet search revealed tons of references/questions for removal, but
that's about it.

I had the impression cosmoline remained in an oily-waxey state, but some
info I read leads me to believe it dries hard.

Is this a practical solution? Is the stuff safe to use? (no jokes about as
safe as the persons hands it's in)

anonymous

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -