Re: Cosmoline?...

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Cosmoline?...
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:35:53 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Bryan Vandiver <bryan.vandiver@sun.com>
Gerard,
     Cosmoline does not harden.  It is and will stay just like when you
applied for at least 100 years.  It is the best preservative for mechanical
devices I've seen yet as I have many WW1 and WW2 bolt action rifles that I
bought in the armorer's wrap filled with cosmoline in every crevice of the
gun.  It was easily removed with Hoppe's #9 or just plain heat would make it
run off.  You can get it from Brownell's, a gunsmith supply that sells to the
public.
Here's the link: http://www.brownells.com/Index.html
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite