Re: Tranny oil

Subject: Re: Tranny oil
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:59:42 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike & Kerry Gigante wrote:

> Remembering that I am struggling to recall exactly what he said.
>
> Having said that, I understood that conventional oils had more
> suitable mechanical properties for gearboxes. We really should
> try and find a source at Mobil though - I don't want to be the
> source for a new urban legend!
>
> Mike

        Well, after a few days of driving with the Honda 20W-50 oil I bought
for it, I
have to say I'm very happy with it. It may just be the placebo affect, but it
shifts slicker than I can remember it ever being. First gear is still too loud,
but much less than it was.
        If anyone has specific questions about synthetic oils, I have a
surprisingly
unbiased contact at Royal Purple whom I can ask.
--
~
'90 GS-500E: $5 premium = 150 miles.

~