Re: Can't start the darn thing - too cold

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Can't start the darn thing - too cold
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:19:03 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Does the A-40 starter spin the engine at the same rpm as the Sprite
starters? Maybe you could swap a Sprite starter for the one in the
A-40.

At 4:49 PM -0500 2/21/01, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I have often thought about this subject and came to the following
>conclusions:
>

>Daniel, and all.
>It has to be the temperature.
>My A40 starts up like it was running 10 minutes ago as long as it is 40
>degrees out.
>It just will not start under 40.
>I just assumed A-40 stands for Ambient temp of 40 for it to start.
>It is perfectly tuned.
>
>What does the list think about a faulty starter?
>All my other Sprites fire up no matter how cold it is so the plugs, oil,
>gas, or anything else can NOT be the problem.
>3 Sprites and the A40 all running 1275s, 20/50 oil, NGK plugs, etc.
>Why does one not like the cold?
>

>--
>
>Frank Clarici
>Toms River, NJ
>Just Enough Sprites Again

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu