Re: A little controversy...

To: Rick Fisk <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: A little controversy...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:15:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick Fisk wrote:

> I have plenty of hair - all gray though <g>.  For some REALLY real
> controversy I'm thinking about the new Lexus SC430 (sorry Frank).  Have you
> seen THAT commercial!

I sure have, it looks like a jap car!
No style and too much money.
Ask a mechanic how much to change a stater on a lexsux?
About 1200 bucks, labor only.
For the money they want you could get a BMW or a Jaguar S type.
And drive in something that looks nice, is recognizable, and isn't
japanese.
Everything looks japanese today except the Vette, PT Cruiser, BMW, Jag
and Chevy Impala and M/Carlo.
For about a month I thought my neighbor owned a Pontiac Grand Am, it
turns out to be a Mitsubitchi!
Chevy Malibu/Toyota Corolla, is there a difference? Yeah, the name tag.
Lexus/Camry, different tail lights and leather seats. This is worth 20
grand?
Acura/Honda, talk about badge engineering. At least MG/Austin/Morris
only charged a couple hundred dollars differnce.

Just my .02
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ