Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:01:19 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   Why are you comparing American "collectables" to Japanese
> standards like Corollas and Coronas?

I wasn't.
Some said something about Vegas, Citations, Pintos.
Unless they are collectables now.
The japs don't make collectables other then maybe some Z cars or early
Datsun (MGB lookalikes) Oh yeah the Honduh 600 (Mini lookalike) is
collectable too.
Since you are the one hellbent on the "printed word"
Remember this....
I have 3 bumper stickers, I bought them at different car shows.
1 says "Jap Cars Suck"
1 says "30 years later jap cars still suck"
1 says "only a wang would drive a jap car"
Yes I also have the "all parts falling off this car are of the finest
english workmanship" sticker but....
I never saw a "American cars suck" or "German cars suck" sticker.
The jap car market filled a nitch in the world, that nitch being a plain
looking, cheap made, reliable mode of transportation for the people who
don't care what the are seen in.
The run like refridgerators, they look like refridgerators, and they are
for people who exist in refridgerators.
So if you want to be one OF a million, buy a jap car and disappear in
the masses. Drive it from your tract house that looks just like all the
rest in your neighborhood, to your office cubical, back to the tract
house.
Lots of tract houses, lots of office cubicals, so lots of jap cars all
filling the nitch for the drones in the world.

>  (and for what it's worth, my first car was an 83 Corolla
> and I still see it driving around occasionally. And there is
> at least three Coronas I see on a regular basis around
> here. Do you open your eyes when you go outside? ;> )

Yeah I do but the Corona looks like all other jap cars, Unnoticable!
How many Crowns or Carinas have you seen?
Today I saw another Pinto on the road.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ