Re: Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)

To: RBHouston@aol.com, Dave.Vrba@am.sony.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Disconnect (for a Dork)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:25:16 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/01 4:51:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RBHouston writes:

> Uhhhhnooooooo....if you disconntect the Neg..gound side and the drop
> anything metal on the Neg terminal and then allow it to touch almost

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, sort of.  Actually, you are only completing a circuit IF the device is
turned on.  It's like a double safety.  There is more chance of causing a
problem by dropping something on the positive terminal and having it sort to
a ground, cause sparks that will set fuel on fire, blow a fuse, and melt the
metal object that was dropped, than there is of dropping something on the
negative terminal and causing a problem.

Once again, this is just my 2 pence.  If you don't know what you are doing,
get some help from someone who does.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget