Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:09:32 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ah... the Healey community is rarely what it seems...and the ones you've
alluded to are firmly entrenched... with sons lined up to take their place
someday.

I've never been a concours guy, but I'll bet I could put some name and faces
on the descriptions you've described. I was a club member going way back...
I still remember showing up the Chicago club's meeting in 1974 with my
California 100-6. Rust free, with  really sweet 1" fender flares on it, and
Shelby aluminum slotted rims. Some a**hole comes up to me, in my face,
screaming at me..."You ruined that car... you ruined that car". Well, since
I bought it that way (in '74, as a high school senior) I wouldn't know if
the fender flare was original or not... but I liked it, still own the car,
and it's still got the flares. So I went over and looked at his car, which
had stop signs pop riveted and screwed in place to cover the rust in his
floors, and told him to kiss my a**.

Later on, I became very involved in the club, newsletter editors, regional
director, national VP, and when I saw the behind the scenes b.s. I said "f"
this, and quit.

Not all clubs are like this, but most seem to be. Perhaps I have a low  b.s.
tolerance? (My recent V.S.C.D.A. experiences on the Thicko list might
indicate this is true...)

WST