Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:42:38 -0800
Hello spridgets,

  time for my 2" worth. i believe that it has to do with EGO. its
  almost as simple as that. you find those kind of people in ANY group
  you join or don't join, from cars to model railroading, from home
  restoration, to ham radio operators. some are PURISTS, and to them
  there is room for NOTHING else. i have seen some "perfect" bug-eyes,
  including the rubber mats and all, but the first thing to go for me
  would that UGLY SHIFT KNOB. YECCHHHH! i might keep it in a drawer so
  that someone else who wanted the car back in original condition
  could put it back, but JEEZE.. it was UGLY.

  i would rather have a car with a couple of mods and or paint chips
  that i can DRIVE than one that is "perfect" (whatever that
  means..LOL) that i can only trailer around for show. the cars were
  made to be DRIVEN. i have heard of some cars that have WON at the
  Pebble Beach concours, being the "best of the best" that couldn't
  even be started. literally. they tried. what's the point of
  "restoring" a car to better condition than it was when it left the
  factory? or having a museum piece that is undriveable? NONE at ALL,
  especially in a SPORTS CAR!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com