Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 02 17:57:12 EST
  In defense of (most?) concours guys (I ain't one)...

  The -more reasonable- (silent majority? :-) :-) :-) ) of that crowd
might be just hiding from guys that want to belittle them for doing
something that they (the belittlers) can't or won't take the time and
effort to do for themselves.
  Some of the concours guys heartily deserve belittling, some do not.
  Some belittlers have valid complaints about the truely nose-up-attitude
of some concours guys.
  Some belittlers just do it to -all- concours guys as a general principle.
(So they don't have to admit that they don't have what it takes to do the
same thing themselves?) ;-)

  I like concours cars and respect the effort they take, but I do not have
the drive or stick-to-it to build one myself.
  I prefer tastefully modified cars for the improved performance aspects
and the interesting variety of mods different people make and the
innovative things they come up with.
  I don't know about other marques, but the Mustang (Ford) group have a
word they use for cars that are "restored, then tastefully modified".  They
call them "Resto-mod".  A combination of "restoration" and "modified".
  Ed in NC
    (The last cat you want involved in a loonnnng project.) ;-)