Re: Gas Prices

To: Richard Wright <duntov1@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Prices
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:39:44 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, I-Race@yahoogroups.com, modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com
Richard Wright wrote:

>         > GASOLINE
>         >
>         >     Nothing is more frustrating to me than the feeling that =
> every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are =
> trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

The folks in South American are trying to kill you?  Whatever gave you that
idea?

> It turns out that oil companies import a lot of Middle Eastern oil and others
> do not import any. I thought it might be interesting for Americans to know
> which oil companies are the best to buy their gas from.

Actually, the US imports far more oil from Venezuela than from the middle east.

>         >
>         >     Here is the list: Top 5 companies that import Middle =
> Eastern oil for
>         >    the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01]. By the way, 86% of all Middle =
> Eastern Oil
>         >    comes from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
>         >
>         >         1. Shell: 206,742,000 barrels of oil.
>         >         2. Chevron/Texaco: 144,332,000 barrels of oil.
>         >         3. Exxon/Mobil: 130,082,000 barrels of oil.
>         >         4. Marathon: 117,740,000 barrels of oil.
>         >         5. BP Amoco: 62,231,000
>         >

>         >    The following large companies do not import much, if any, =
> Middle Eastern  Oil.
>         >         1. Citgo: 0 barrels of oil.
>         >         2. Sunoco: 0
>         >         3. Conoco: 0
>         >         4. Sinclair: 0
>         >         5. Phillips: 0
>         >
>         >      All of this information is available from the Department =
> of Energy and can be easily documented.

Odd--I never could find those numbers.  Would you please be kind enough to pass
them along?  Thanks!!

This "gas prices" is one of several chain letters that have been passed around
by
well- meaning folks for years.  Do your part now!!

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420