Re: Advice on locations- no LBC- Jacques Le Clainche

To: jleclainche@cox.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Advice on locations- no LBC- Jacques Le Clainche
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:44:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/02 11:26:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jleclainche@cox.net writes:

> I might have to move within the US - two possible locations are
> Austin,Texas, and Philadelphia. Any listers from those towns who could give
> me the skinny on these locations? Any active LBC group near either one?...
> Vintage racing organization?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, there's nothin' in Texas but steers and que...well, nevermind.

But here in the Philly area we have the Philadelphia MG Club, which is very
active.  We also have the Philly Region of the SCCA, which has all sorts of
events for sports cars.  The SVRA is active all around the area for vintage
racing.  You will be in relatively close proximity to many tracks and all
kinds of car related events, including hillclimbs and autocross.  Also, our
very own listers, Frank Clarici and chuck christ, each live about 90 minutes
from Philly, and Larry Macy is even closer!

Everything in Texas is a coupla hundred miles from where you are.  :-)  They
also have poisonous snakes and the temperature is 150 deg, from the middle of
January to the middle of December.  At least that's what I've heard.  Other
than that, it is very dusty.

I better shut up now!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward