Re: barbeque no LBC

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: barbeque no LBC
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:20:59 -0500
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
20 years of expense accounts and many miles of road (and air) behind me, I
can add my .02 to this discussion...

Texas beef BBQ kicks ass ("Smokie's" in Ft. Worth), as does a good pork BBQ
or baby back ribs (ask the Thickos that attend my annual meatfest on labor
Day. I spend 8 hours slow smoking all sorts of animal sacrifice coated in
home made rubs and sauces.)

That mustard based stuff they serve out east is for commies and interior
designers.

As far as steaks go...#1 on my list is "The Drover" in Omaha for their
"whiskey filets", and a place in Duluth called "Penelope's" is a close
second. Lawry's in Chicago for prime rib, and the Thicko pit party for
London Broils served on an onion roll.

Fat & Happy...

The Flounder