Re: getting the stereo to work

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: getting the stereo to work
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:49:52 -0700
On my website I have the color code wires listed that are used to power an
aftermarket stereo in a midget.  Follow links to
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/Midget%20Web/Stereo%20Web/stereo.htm

In the console wiring harness, the green/pink wire is hot/switched by the
ignition.  Purple is the always hot wire, and feeds the cigarette lighter.
Or you can tap a piggypack at the fuse box.  The green circuits are
switched, and the brown circuits are always hot.  If the connection to the
main wiring harness is corroded (saw one where the battery acid had eaten
through the firewall, and dribbled onto the plug) you will show 12 volts on
a meter, but will not have enough amperage available to power the stereo.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget