Re: Spridgets-mod revisited

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets-mod revisited
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:32:59 -0800
I can only speak for myself, but I find little value in a database style list.

My first reaction to Mark's email was that he was going to terminate the
Spridgets-mod list for inactivity. I don't recall more than a few messages a
month from that list and most if not all of them were copied to the Spridgets
List as well.

The regular Spridgets List is a damned good one. I have become friends with
many of its subscribers, some of whom I have yet to meet in person. I'm not
sure that a moderated list would be able to foster the same type of
commaraderie.

I do unsubscribe from the regular list every now and then. (100 plus messages
a day is sometimes overwhelming.) But I always come back as it is not only a
great resource for information, parts, and cars, but it is also my main source
for Mexican Tequila, info on music from other parts of the country, info on
gun control, cats, snakes, The Who, Monty Python, and a more.

Thank you everyone out there that has helped me on and off list.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT
1961 Innocenti 950 Spider
1963 Pink Sprite Mk II