Re: Spridgets-mod revisited

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgets-mod revisited
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:28:40 EST
In a message dated 12/12/02 11:50:19 AM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< This list has existed for about a year now. It's not terribly active, but
there are maybe 20 or 30 members, mostly from the spridgets list. Some are
former spridget list members who unsubscribed due to so much off topic
messages. I'm on it, so is Frank and a few other well know Spridget list
contributors. >>

Well Gerard, if you and Frank are also on the modified list, that handles
most of the questions that might be asked anyway,  especially allowing for a
number of others that I haven't seen for a while on this list.  But it also
leads to the question, why bother with transferring the little bit of real
stuff, according to Mark, that filters through the fluff on this list.

Most of the questions are going to get answered in less than 24 hours
whichever list they show up on.  Or is he hoping to convert those of us who
like a little cameraderie with our tech talk to pure tech so he again has
only one Spridget list (and a lot less traffic, particularly in the winter)
to deal with?  If so, count me out. I won't waste my time looking up answers
for people who regard me purely as a "resource", even if you or Frank (or one
of several others) usually do have the right answer posted before I can look
it up.

I felt that this mod list was not the way I wanted to see the list go when it
was presented.  I still feel that way.   I'm not sure how many people are
still on the original spridget list, but I am pretty sure that it is more
than the 20 or 30 that make up the mod list.  Seems we had a pretty good
thing a year ago and a few of us were pursuaded to try a new plan. Now we are
being told that major domo will spoon feed that few from what remains of the
(larger) old group.  Not much question where his motives lie, is there?

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"