Re: List/mod list experiment

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: List/mod list experiment
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:29:58 -0600
> Because spridgets-mod is a different list and spridgets-digest is the same
> list sent in a different manner....????

But that is not the way it was intended.

Read my lips:
Spridgets is the master list.
Spridgets-digest is the contents of the spridgets list delivered in chunks
instead of as it trickles in.
Spridgets-mod is the lbc content of the spridgets list delivered as it
trickles through the filters.
There really should be no reason to subscribe to more than one of these.
If you want to get nothing but the spridget content, go with spridgets-mod.
If you want the social experience of interacting with other people who share
spridgets as a common bond but also happen to be human beings with emotions
and an enjoyment of teasing other human beings about reptiles and felines,
go with the spridgets list.
If there is some reason why you do not wish to get the messages as they
trickle in but would rather get a quick burst of them once a day or so when
you dial in to your isp, you are after the spridgets-digest.
I could almost see a desire for a spridgets-mod-digest as well, but I
haven't seen that one yet ;-)

All LBC messages sent to the spridgets list will go to the spridget list,
the spridget-digest and the spridgets-mod list. No big deal. Pick one and
respond on list please so that the rest of us can benefit from your
knowledge.

Yes, Mark could have done a better job of explaining it last week, but he
meant well.
David Lieb
RWA Midgets