RE: Ugh

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[7E50D980:01C2B64D] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h07D98RO009414
Subject: RE: Ugh
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:05:45 -0500
I've fiddled with all my cars and most of my friends cars with the routine
maintenance stuff.  Everything from my Spridget to a Camaro Z-28...a Jeep to a
Saturn.  You name it, I've fooled around with it.  I don't know a whole lot
though...just a little about a lot...just whatever it tells me in the manuals
to do, but...every car I've ever worked on...when you change the
drivebelt(serpentine belt), if it has an automatic tensioner, you change it at
the same time as good practice.  At least that's what it says in the book.  It
also says the same thing about the timing chain tensioner.  Now, I would think
that if a $14.99 manual that you can pick up at any Auto parts store tells you
that it is "good practice" not to inspect, but to REPLACE these parts, that a
"qualified" mechanic at a dealership would know to do the same thing...how can
that not be on the "task card"?!

Oh...and a quick question...what is the difference between an "interference"
and a non interference?  I think I missed that one.

-Mike Thompson
71 Spridget "Natas"