Re: Ugh

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ugh
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:54:38 EST
In a message dated 1/6/03 11:45:24 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< Good point. It's been so long since I've owned a new car that I forget that
cars today have more than a one year warrantee...'-) >>

It's kind of a culture shock for us too.  Our 1988 Festiva was the "new" car
until 2000.  Then we acquired two new ones in two years, and got rid of all
the old ones except the Sprites.  With the warranties and the engines the way
they are now, you are really better off not even messing with trying to fix
the car, even if you do know how, until it is out of warranty.  The happiest
moment in my life was the day the Festiva went out of warranty and I could
turn it over to an independent mechanic instead of taking it to the dealer
for routine service.  That is such a ripoff.  And the Ford mechanics aren't
particularly clever about a car made in Korea from Japanese parts and plans
and badged as a Ford.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"