RE: Ugh

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ugh
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:42:56 -0800
 I hate to side with the dealer on this but...
 the car ISN"T under warrantee, if I recall, it has 70-80k miles on it.
 Unless it has an extended service contract, the factory responsibility
ended
 along time ago, i.e., at oh, say 36000 miles?  Most repair and maintenance
 work has a limited warrantee of one month, or 1000 miles.  As crappy as
this
 all sounds, it's been more than 1 month/1000 miles since the timing belt
was
 replaced.  We want someone to blame when bad things happen to good people,
 but you know, there's a lot of times we fix items on our own cars just to
have the next failure show up  a few hours/days/weeks/months later.  If you
 are driving a car that you don't or can't fix yourself, and you didn't buy
 an extended service contract, it's the same as driving without full
coverage
 insurance...you gotta accept the risk that something expensive is going to
 break.  Preventative maintenance definitely reduces the likelihood of a
 premature failure of any number of components, but it by no means prevents
 them.  If it did, mechanics wouldn't be in such high demand.
 Phil, I feel bad for you, but next time, buy the extended warrantee.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget