Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 08:16:29 -0700
Cc: GMGoodman@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jim,

Nice that you had such good success in the rebuild of the gearbox in your
wife's car.

Lot's of LBC owners do a "rebuild" on their gearboxes.  If you follow the
manual and
keep the tolerance where they belong and use new parts where needed, they turn
out
pretty good.  Most of the time!  Good rebuilds aren't cheap, either.

I still rebuild these for customers and I get some pretty creatively done
things inside
the cases!!!  LOL!  It still isn't rocket science to do a good job, but they
can be a
trying experience at times, especially when using an assortment of used parts
to get it
back together.  Used is sometimes just plain shot! As in worn out.

Taking it apart and cleaning all parts and doing a reassemble using the same
pieces is
not a "rebuild"!  Wonder why the same noises are present?  Will it get better
as I break
it in?  LOL!

Regards, Paul A