Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:36:20 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Annice,

Ankitterer@aol.com wrote:

> Never did the smoothcase because it lasted over 100,000 miles.

I rebuilt a ribcase for my car when I lived in San Diego.  Ran it about 100,000
miles and a fellow came looking for one but would only buy one that was running
in a car.  Let him take it for a drive and sold it to him. Have no idea how long
he ran it.

If they aren't abused, they'll last a really long time.

The reason that the market was so suspicious of rebuilt transmission in the San
Diego area at that time. There was a fellow rebuilding them that were total
trash. For example, he was welding up teeth on the first gear ring and grinding
them down to fit with a Dremel tool!!!!!  I have one here on a shelf in my shop.
I use it as a good reminder to not screw the customers.

Later, Paul A