Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:44:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/03 7:19:42 AM, james.f.juhas@snet.net writes:

<< Anyway, I was curious as to whether others consider such work to be DIY
stuff. >>

Hey, you must have that knack of doing transmissions, Congratulations.  Maybe
you should find out why you get so many messed up ones.  Sounds like you know
what you are doing, which makes the task pretty easy.  You followed the
instructions, which also helps.  We rebuilt the ribcase in our "67 Bugeye".
Never did the smoothcase because it lasted over 100,000 miles.  Apparently we
are easy on transmissions, that's the only one we ever did,  It was probably
damaged in an accident before we got it.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"