Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:47:34 EDT
Well my wife's fairly dependable '97 Pontiac Grand Am blew a water pump a
couple of days ago.  "No problemo," I said, as I agreed with her decision to
have it AAA-towed to the local mechanic shop we use, thinking a water pump is
no big deal.

Call from the mechanic.  "Hey, man, sorry, but we really can't change that
water pump out--you willhave to take it to the dealer to get it done.  That
is a Quad-Four engine and they will have to pull the engine to change the
water pump."

So we opt for the local friendly RT Clapp where they do the job for a bargain
$645.  TO CHANGE A DAMNED WATER PUMP!   What kind of a case of stupids did
our American Engineers have when they designed an engine that had to be
pulled to change a water pump?  I know, I know--American job security.  But
that is just plain dumb.  A water pump is a maintenance item.

--David C.