Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 21:22:50 -0400
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> Now, my 2003 Beetle, on the way to work Tuesday, the "check engine" idiot
>light comes on.  I stop, check oil, water, ...all is OK.  I take it to the
>dealer and he tells me, the gas cap was loose, and that causes a problem with
>the emission system, that triggers the "check engine" light.  I suppose what
>we really need is a gas cap ajar light...or or or hell if I know.

You went about it all wrong.
When the check engine light came on in my pickup (F-150) I pulled over
raised the hood, looked at the still running engine, shut the hood and
the light went out.
So just do what the light says, "Check Engine" I did, it was still there
and the light went out after I checked it.
Been fine ever since. ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ