Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 19:04:49 -0400
In a message dated 5/1/2003 5:47:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

> Well my wife's fairly dependable '97 Pontiac Grand Am

Six year old Grand AM?  About two years past the "sell by" date, no?

That's why I've been trying to get the wife to trade the disposable 97 Tahoe.

On the other hand...$645 and you are running again...let's see $645 or
$25,000.00 for a new car...which is best.  In my opinion, if it's gotta run,
it's pretty much gotta be new.

Now, my 2003 Beetle, on the way to work Tuesday, the "check engine" idiot light
comes on.  I stop, check oil, water, ...all is OK.  I take it to the dealer and
he tells me, the gas cap was loose, and that causes a problem with the emission
system, that triggers the "check engine" light.  I suppose what we really need
is a gas cap ajar light...or or or hell if I know.

Robert Houston
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915-592-2082