Re: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: Sizematters <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 21:37:46 -0400
> I was in AHCUSA from 98 to 2000. I found that they also have limited
Sprite content
> in their publication. Although I dearly would love to have a Healey
Hundred, I doubt
> I would join any club. Hell, I am often asked what club I am in, I tell
them, I don't
> need a club to enjoy the cars. My club, which is proudly displayed on the
top center
> of my windscreen, is this group of misfits online, HERE! If I want to
associate with
> jerks, I can find plenty of them, but my FRIENDS are here.
> Brad

I find it strange that people who are obviously very much into their cars,
are not willing to support clubs that provide services that enhance the
enjoyment of owning these cars. North American MGB Register provides general
liability insurance coverage to over sixty affiliated chapters through out
North America. For many of these clubs that insurance makes the difference
between them being able to have an annual car show or not. At the very least
it helps hold the show registrations fees down. You folks who go to shows
are reaping the benefits provided by dues paying members.  Here on Long
Island I am active in the annual "The British are Coming!!!" show
coordinating. At this show we discount $5.00 to members of car clubs, not
just the MG Car Club, any car club.

I often see questions being asked about certain problems with our cars. Many
times I see the folks answering by quoting from car club's newsletter tech
tips. Here again you are benefiting from the existence  of these car clubs.

Maybe your logic is "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" .
The answer is, if you don't help support the cow it will die and you will
have no milk.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Chairman/NAMGBR