Re: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: macleans@earthlink.net, macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:52:24 EDT
Cc: kgb2@centurytel.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
macleans@earthlink.net writes:

> I hope
> David does give us a chance again.  Larry, if he is gone you need to point
> out
> some of our apologies.  When you've been sh*t on for so long by even other
> British car owners for having a less significant example of the British
> sports
> car you get a defensive attitude as David will find out with his new
> Midget.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It wouldn't be Dave's personality to take any crap for owning a Midget.  He
showed up on this list, proud to be a Midget owner, and he was attacked.  We
all know that an MG V8 will walk all over a Spridget in a straight line and
that a Spridget (with a proper suspension) will win in the twistys,
especially an autocross.  Dave will find this out and use it to his
advantage.

I think Larry M. is right.  Dave would have been a great advocate for us in
the NAMGBR.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)