Re: 1275 debugging help needed

To: gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 debugging help needed
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:53:04 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
gerard wrote:

>Is there a PCV valve on the intake manifold between the carbs? It
>looks like a big round disk a couple inches in diameter. Don't take
>it apart as I've heard they will never work right afterwards. I've
>never opened one so I can't advise you on how to clean pr refurbish
>them.

There's a hose running from between the carbs down to a good sized
canister mounted to the front of the engine.

>That's good. You should still check to see where and how much oil drips below.

Yeah, and I'm guessing the oil filter adapter shouldn't wiggle  ;-

>That's just a compression gauge. A leak down kit has two gauges. See this link.

Hmmm.... I'm wondering if I can't still do a leakdown test with the
compression gauge fitting, my compressor's gauge and another inline
gauge.  I can at least fill up a cylinder and listen to the leaks.