Re: 1275 debugging help needed

To: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 debugging help needed
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:56:54 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 9:53 AM -0700 5/26/03, Kendel McCarley wrote:
>gerard wrote:
>

>>Is there a PCV valve on the intake manifold between the carbs? It
>>looks like a big round disk a couple inches in diameter. Don't take
>>it apart as I've heard they will never work right afterwards. I've
>>never opened one so I can't advise you on how to clean pr refurbish
>>them.
>>
>There's a hose running from between the carbs down to a good sized
>canister mounted to the front of the engine.

That "cannister" is the crankcase breather. There is a "brillo pad"
inside as a filter and the shape helps collect oil to return to the
crankcase. If you have much pressure through there, it ends up sucked
into the intake along with the intake vacuum.

Since it's been ages since I had a Spridget with smog equipment. I
forgot they did away with that PCV valve I described.

>>That's good. You should still check to see where and how much oil
>>drips below.
>>
>Yeah, and I'm guessing the oil filter adapter shouldn't wiggle  ;-

Doh!

Gerard