Re: Doh! Stupid Computer!

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Doh! Stupid Computer!
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:29:37 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Actually having a HD stop and start all the time is WORSE on it than
leaving it spin all the time. Think about it for a minute. The largest
number of drive failures I have seen are on drives that have been
stopped and won't spin up again. Very rare indeed is the spinning
failure.

No we use hard drives, but mine are journaled and RAIDed ;-) And the OS
don't crash as much, nor is it the target of every 18 yo hacker with an
imaginary grudge against Billy Boy.

Larry

--

Larry Macy