Re: Towing/trailering a bugeye

Subject: Re: Towing/trailering a bugeye
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:50:36 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, I made it, everything is safe and sound except of course the car
which will live outside until I can make some room for it in the shop..
  of course I have  a few questions to ask the masses:

Is the trim around the door and dash supposed to be flat black or
aluminum and if so is it polished or brushed?

Who's carpet kit is the one to purchase?  No concours here, just want
it presentable.

The seats look like they were red and then painted black (car is red
with generally black interior) and need new foam and new covers.  I s
there a reason to get leather and again, who has the best kits.

Any reason I can't pressure wash the engine
bay/suspension/undercarriage?  anything going to fall off that I should
know about?

The car has a Moto Lita wood steering wheel and a wood gearshift knob.
is this stock?  Anyone have any experience refinishing wood steering
wheels??

Behind the grill, which fell out, there is what looks like a bracket or
spring clamp for something..  what should go there?   This is on the
passengers side (left side of the car when viewed from the front.)

And last for now, can I send a pic to the group to find out what
gauges/switches don't belong on a '59?

Thanks folks, and yes, I did undo the driveshaft.

Lester