Re: 63 Spitfire

To: Gus <mother-ship@earthlink.net> information
Subject: Re: 63 Spitfire
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:55:30 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Have you looked at any new car on the road today??

With the exception of that Beetle thing, they all are low in the front
and high in the rear. Like a "wedge". So while they completely missed
the boat with the car, they were spot on with the slogan.

Larry

On Dec 3, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Gus wrote:

> I was trying to be humorous by saying the TR8 was Triumph's "last
> gasp" as opposed to the TR7. Do you remember their slogan? "The shape
> of things to come". ? If they released a TR8 convertible right off the
> bat they would have had better success with the car. instead of the 4
> banger hardtop. Not many Triumph owners related to it.

-- Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The bottom line: Sure, there's pain in adopting the Mac. But if I accept
that, I get to use a computer that works, and that pretty much does
what I
expect and want a computer to do.
Stewart Alsop
FORTUNE.com