Re: Is this normal??

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Is this normal??
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:02:46 -0500
Cc: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>, spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Lester Ewing wrote:

> Well I figure out out to take the windshield off the car easy enough BUT
> once done the frame is welded as far as I can tell and I see no way to
> remove the glass short of breaking it..  same as the side curtains, the
> frame is continuous...

Side curtain plexi can be bent to "pop" in or out.
Old Pleci will probably break, use Lexan as replacement plexi, cut it
exactly to the old size and pop it in. Cheap plexi usually breaks when
popping it in. Lexan can be folded darn near in half.

The windshield glass comes out with the rubber gasket.
It is best left to a glass shop.
Or at home with a windshield wire and suitable glass installing tools.
I have watched my glass shop guy do a few for me, I will not try it
myself. He charges me $50 to R&R the glass if I supply it with the
*correct* rubber.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ