Re: Electrolysis question

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Electrolysis question
From: Kevin Valentine <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:34:21 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,

"Arm & Hammer" and "Borax" (as in 20 mule team - if you are old enough to remember) both make washing soda. Some stores also have their own brand. It's located in the "detergent section" of the store and it is sold as a laundry detergent booster.

I've "dipped" thousands of parts (including an entire 74 Midget, pedal boxes, hand saws, flag holders, cast iron spigots - complete with old brass fittings, hinges etc, etc....) I've been using the process for over 15 years and have never see a problem with brass, copper, aluminum or any other metal. Some parts stay in my tanks for weeks at a time until I get to them. I do remove wooden handles from the hand saws before I dip them.

I have 2 - 30 gallon tanks and about 3 or 4 smaller tanks. I also keep a children's plastic swimming pool (5'round) for dipping fenders and larger parts.

Kevin V.