Re: Re:Beware of ebay Seller

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Re:Beware of ebay Seller
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:04:50 -0800 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No, they can only confirm that SOMEBODY cashed the money order.  One time, I
mailed my stepdaughter a birthday card with a money order for $100 in it.
Ex-wife calls me up about a week after her birthday, reads me the riot act
for forgetting.  I was out the $100 and still in the doghouse.  On one of
those dateline shows a few years back they placed hidden cameras in the mail
room & showed postal workers sifting through the mail looking for envelopes
that might contain cash, and steeling them.
Delivery confirmation at least gives me the peace of mind that it showed up
in their mailbox, and a little receipt to prove it.
It burns me to have a seller or  who ever tell me the "check's in the mail"
because I look at the post mark when I get it, and no, the check probably
sat on their coffee table for three weeks, cause the postmark doesn't lie.
David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg