Re: stock radio in front, mp3 player and amp in back

To: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Midget Group at team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stock radio in front, mp3 player and amp in back
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:05:20 -0700
> amp will not work without that cable sensing SOMETHING
 I did this on one of our tour vehicles about 25 years ago so the roadies
could plug their walkmans into the power amp. It just has to sense
something, so hook up a resistor and a switch. Use the largest resistance
value that will turn it on. There won't be any real current flow so a half
watt is plenty. It's easiest if you have some sort of resistance wheel or
decade box, but I think you can still get a little resistor assortment in a
bubble pack from Radio Shack. If you send me the hook up diagram that came
with the power amp, I can draw in the resistor and switch for you.
BZ