Re[2]: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re[2]: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:59:04 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello Robert,

       hydrogen is NOT a fuel source. it is only an energy STORAGE
       system. that's because it takes as much energy to extract
       hydrogen from the air, or from water, as you get back when you
       use it "as fuel". the energy has to come FROM somewhere, and as
       of now most of that energy comes from fossil fuels. UNLESS and
       UNTIL we go to nuclear power plants we will make MORE
       greenhouse gasses GETTING the hydrogen than we would by simply
       using the fuel in an internal combustion engine. this is a
       point that most greens (and the largely uninformed public) seem
       to miss. when asked about this very large stumbling block, the
       answer is, "oh, we'll get the electricty from biomass, or wind
       power, or solar, all nonpolluting power sources". .. i'm
       hopefull, but sceptical. .. if we covered ALL of arizona will
       solar cells, that would be enough only for the present
       electrical needs of california, .. without trying to power
       everything with hydrogen... ..

       OOPS.. sorry, enough rant.

--
Best regards,