Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:31:56 -0700 reply-type=original
Everybody is getting o-so philisophical on this, so here is a real list of
potential future "collectable cars" from the last 10 years or so.

Nissan Sentra SE-R, 1st generation
Ford Focus SVT
Ford Contour SVT
Ford Taurus SHO w/manual transmission
Ford Escort GT (with Mazda engine)
1996 Ford F150 Eddie Bauer Regular Cab Short Bed w V-8
2004 Mustang Bullit, Mach, or SVT Cobra
2005 Mustang GT
Chevy Cobalt SS
Chevy SSR
Chevy Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhart Edition
Chevy Lumina LTZ 2dr
Chevy Tahoe 2 door 4x4
GMC Typhoon
Last year of Camaro SS
Honda Del Sol VTEC
Honda S2000
Honda Civic Si
Toyota Supra
Toyota MR2
Mazda RX7 Turbo
Mazda RX8
Mazda Miata
Acura NSX
Dodge Magnum & Dodge Charger
Chrysler Crossfire
Subaru WRX
Mitsubishi Evo
Volkswagen new Beetle

Don't forget that many of today's "collectable" cars were yesterday's throw
aways.  Almost any 1960-1975 2 door with a big V-8 is collectable today
exactly BECAUSE it was a gas hog.  Very few survived because of how they
were viewed during the gas crunches of the mid & late '70's adding to their
collectability.  Ford Falcons are highly collectable, and were the "Focus"
of their day.  And as for the availablity of ECU's in the future, you can
bet that where there is a need, some one will rise up to fill that need.
There are more suppliers for 1970's collectable cars today and a better
availability of parts than there were in 1977!  Finally what is collectable
is purely in the eye of the beholder, as there is an active Ford Tempo club.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg