Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:32:44 -0400
I like the mainstream media reports:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8894520/

To hell with mass transit, let's build more roads! And bike paths!
Mmm, smell that pork.

To coin a phrase, You can't even make this stuff up! But I try not to
get too excited, it's only $286 Billion and it's for 'merica.
"President Bush, saying it will help economic growth, on Wednesday
signed a whopping $286.4 billion transportation bill that lawmakers
lined with plenty of cash for some 6,000 pet projects back home."

"If we want people working in 'merica, we got to make sure our highways
and roads are modern," Bush said.

"The House and Senate voted overwhelmingly to pass the six-year highway
and mass transit legislation just before heading home for a summer
break. They left Washington carrying promises of new highway and bridge
projects, rail and bus facilities, and bike paths and recreational
trails they secured for their states and districts."

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/