Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:52:26 -0500 with any abuse report
The question is, "What is a collectible car?".
The answer frequently seems to be that it is a car that we dearly wanted (or
should I say "lusted after"?) but were unable to possess due to age ,
finances, or ball and chain. We are already seeing Model A Fords sliding off
the list because they are no longer part of the childhood of very many among
us. Sort of like the antique store that are filled with things that are so
old that NO ONE remembers them  OR WANTS THEM. There will be people twenty
years from now attempting to re-create some of these tuner cars and they
won't necessarily be trying for stock, either. The Skybox (oops, I mean
Scion Xb) will have its following, stock Miatas will be sought-after, Civic
hatches will be the TR3 of the time, the "car I had in college, ran into the
ground, and now can't find one for love nor money". They might all be
trailer queens with no way to drive them, but they will be treasured
nonetheless.
David Lieb
1972 Blue